Monday, February 22, 2010

Road Trip

My husband and family all decided to gang up on me and strongly "suggested" that I needed to get away for awhile. So I took their advice. We decided on a road trip to go see grandma Mitchell. Its so weird calling my mom that now, lol. We left Friday mid morning and arrived later that afternoon. Jaxon was such a great baby. He slept most of the way only waking up enough to cry cause he was hungry but fell right back to sleep. When we got there everyone came outside to greet us. My two little nieces were super cute with him. I would say where's the baby and they would point to him. They loved to watch him and give him open mouthed kisses with lots of slobber, but thats how they kiss. At times they would get over excited and throw a tantrum because we wouldn't let them hold him or touch him. My nieces both turned one this month and its crazy to see the contrast in size, weight, height, etc... While we were there my mom wanted to get the Easter pictures out of the way. Needless to say not everyone wanted to participate at the same time. One would cry which would set off the other, while one slept etc... Crazy so we will have to try again around his blessing.

So his dr's appt went better then I hoped. He currently weighs 5lbs 6oz and is 18in long. His pediatrican was very pleased with the progress he has made since being home from the NICU. He told us that after he gains a few more pounds that we could probably switch him to a regular car seat...YAY!! He also got his first immunization. He only cried with the poke but was fine after that. Such a tough guy. The bigger and bigger he gets the more I am beginning to think he looks like his daddy. At first everyone including me thought he looked more like a mitchell but now all I see is a miniature Sterling. He has my eyes, fingers, and lips but the rest is daddy. I feel very blessed that he is part of our family now. He has such a strong spirit and personality. I can't wait to see what that turns into. He is such a big part of my life right now and he is a constant reminder that there is a happy part of life that goes on. For now I am content with my life. I definately needed the road trip.

No comments: