Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Living Stars

So tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner and I always wonder what kind of message they are going to share. I know its always a spiritual message and one I will enjoy but tonights message was on Living Stars. Let me explain what a living star is. Its someone who you look up to, someone who has guided you in your life or made an impression on you in some way by either an experience or being themselves. We all went around the table and gave who we thought our living some said mothers, wife, parents etc... Well for me my LIVING STAR is my sister Cori. For you that don't know she is two years younger then me and is mentally and physically handicap. She never asks why me. Yet she has had to go through so many in things in this life that aren't considered fair. When I think about what she has had to go through and still goes through I think its it not fair. Her health has never been great. The seizures and tubes. Medications that dont work and have caused her to become Diabetic. How through her syndrome her body will eventually shut down little bit by little bit and how painful that must be. To have some cognitive thought that her life will come to an end and not have a say about it. To never be able to tell your family you love them. She has no chance to say what she feels or thinks. Why should I have reason to complain about my life?

She has taught me so much. She has taught me the gift of giving, charity, love, forgiveness, to not judge someone by the cover, to become more like Christ. To know that she is already made perfectly clean without a spot is such a wonderful knowledge and to know that I have been blessed with the chance to have her here in my life. She will make the celestial kingdom. I have alot to aspire to. She is who I look up to. I love her so much and though it pains me to she her put through so much I think it might cause me more pain when she leaves this life.

So I guess next time I think life isn't far I should remember her and how life isnt fair but to accept the lot in this life cause it could be something far worse.

No comments: